Thursday, August 6, 2009

What people really mean when they say "Ah Sure"

"Ah sure."

I just spent ten minutes complaining to you about something or another; so in order to not sound so negative (which I really am because I often cry to myself when I'm alone), I let off a casual-sounding "Ah sure" in the hope that you overlook everything negative that I've just focused on for the last ten minutes and still think of me as a martyr who doesn't get weighed down by the pains of everyday life.

OR

I just spent ten minutes listening to you bitch about everything from the price of milk to how bad the weather is and I really don't want to give you the go ahead to continue this depressing conversation by feeding into it. So I'm just going to say "Ah sure" and hope for the best.

OR

I just came in your eye and I really don't care.

1 comment:

  1. You complain about people bitching about everything when you did just that. Oh, the irony.

    ReplyDelete