Thursday, May 14, 2009

Two video games that never made it onto the shelves due to the fact that the human race is one big steaming pile of shit

Grand Theft Auto wasn't originally meant to be called Grand Theft Auto. No. When I first came up with the concept for the game (a fact that I can't actually back up with anything other than my fist), I had a far more thought-provoking title in place. It was called Rape Rape Rape. But Rockstar, the thin-skinned team behind the production of the infamous games series, decided that my title was just a little bit too high brow for some members of the general public. That and the fact that a game where the main character spends his days trying to rape women would surely cause a few ripples here and there.

Call of Duty: Columbine was another game that I had tried to get onto our shelves. The idea behind the game was to put the user in the seat of the shooters who had carried out the Columbine Highschool Massacres, as I felt that the duo had gotten a bum rap for doing something that was purely natural to all teenagers with a penchant for automatic weapons and general mass murder. But no siree; the rest of the world wasn't having it. And so once again, my creative genius was drowned in a sea of faux morals.

5 comments:

  1. Womb Raider, the quest for non circumstantial evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theme Hospital: Abortion Edition

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom Clancy's Offender's Register

    ReplyDelete
  4. I preferred the old atari console

    beep

    beep

    beep

    etc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds to me that you became one of the people who you hate.

    ReplyDelete